Thursday, September 5, 2019

It's Been a While; How About We Start With Week 1 Predictions?

Please, hold your applause. Yes, I am bringing back the blog. It has been, well...5 years since I last updated this blog. I went back and read some of my posts, and it's hilarious to read about my take on Russell Wilson as a rookie, and how great I thought he was from the start (glad that aged well). Seahawk's football has been quit the ride, from winning the Super Bowl to losing the Super Bowl (that shit fucked me up) to the countless players who have come and gone. I've been here, in the shadows, continuously supporting my team through it all.

The scrutiny that came with winning the Super Bowl and the expectations, on top of everyone having opinions, and so much hate from other fan bases. I had to step away from the blog. I actually stepped away from football, quite a bit. I stopped listening to sports talk radio and the pundits on ESPN and NFL Network. I couldn't take the rumors of locker room turmoil and the drama that came after winning it all in 2013 and I really couldn't escape the constant replaying of the pass on the 1 yard line. That will haunt me for the rest of my life. All of the sudden, everyone was not only a Seahawk fan, but they were loud, opinionated, and not built for adversity.

They couldn't take it when we missed the playoffs, many jumped ship, every game day was nothing but "new" fans judging every play, every player, every coaching decision. Uneducated, unfounded, untested, and unwanted opinions on MY TEAM. I stopped posting about the Seahawks, stopped listening to so called experts, who didn't even know how to pronounce Cliff Avril's name correctly, but thought they could tell me about my team, but I never stopped rooting. I was there, every Sunday, Monday, and Thursday, for every snap, for the last 5 years. I've been right here, believing in this team, having fun watching them play, and loving every minute of every game. Slowly, I've found my way back to the Seahawks community, to the Twelves, I feel like many of the fair weather fans have quieted down, and found their place. We are back in the underdog role where we are comfortable, and I am really excited about this season.

I intend to bring back my blog, I'll post weekly NFL predictions, a weekly preview and review of the Seahawk's games, and other fun stuff along the way. Thanks for coming on this ride with me... a woman who loves football. #GOHAWKS


NFL WEEK 1 PREDICTIONS
(Winners in pink)

Thursday
Green Bay @ Chicago
Sunday
Tennessee @ Cleveland
Baltimore @ Miami
Atlanta @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ N.Y. Jets
Washington @ Philadelphia
L.A. Rams @ Carolina
Kansas City @ Jacksonville
Indianapolis @ L.A. Chargers
Cincinnati @ Seattle 
N.Y. Giants @ Dallas
Detroit @ Arizona
San Francisco @ Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh @ New England
Monday
Houston @ New Orleans
Denver @ Oakland


No comments:

Post a Comment